The Customer Effort Score is easily the front runner in measuring how much effort the customer expends at a particular interaction with a brand. As such, it is quite a powerful metric that tells your Business how hard/easy you are making the overall experience for your customers.
We, at CloudCherry, having interacted with many consumer-facing brands worldwide decided to include the Customer Effort Score to the wide-ranging collection of metrics (NPS, CSAT, Customer Delight Score and more) that we help other brands to track and improve.
So, how do you set up the CES question, start tracking it, and make the elegant CES widget come alive!
SETTING UP YOUR CES QUESTION
1. Log into your CloudCherry account.
2. Click on Questions from the left side tab.
3. Click on ‘Create a Question’ in blue located at the top of the screen.
4. You’ll be directed to our Questionnaire Builder.
5. Click on Range from the left hand side menu under Question Types and drag and drop it into the centre section that displays the question list.
6. As soon as you do that, there’s a section that opens up on the right side of your screen to enter a question and modify its properties. Here, create the question text in the given space. The screenshot below shows the type of question a brand can ask for knowing how much effort customers spend at a particular interaction.
Also, select Scale under Type.
7. Scroll down under the same section and you get to see a header called TAGS. Click on it. The CES question should be given the relevant tag for it to work properly. When it comes to this particular metric, you can either use a 5 point scale or a 7 point scale.
For a 5 point scale, the tag name is: ces_effort_5
For a 7 point scale, the tag name is: ces_effort_7
Legends – Very Low Effort | Moderate Effort | Very High Effort
Enter either of the tags depending on which scale you want to use and press Enter.
HOW DOES THE CES QUESTION LOOK ON A SURVEY?
THE CES WIDGET – BASED ON EXTENT OF EFFORT
Once you’ve collected responses, just click on dashboard from the left side menu, scroll down and you’ll find your CES widget updating in real time!
An Alternative Way to Look at CES
The effort put by your customer can be interpreted in a slightly different manner as well.
The basic difference here is that we’ll be substituting the CES question for a statement and find out how likely is it that the customer agrees/disagrees with the amount of effort they’re having to expend. Accordingly, different legends appear – Strongly Disagree, Somewhat Agree and Strongly Agree.
Follow the exact same steps mentioned for the first case till the point where you have to enter the question content.
1. Now, substitute the CES question for a statement, for which the customer has to enter his/her likelihood of consent. Also, toggle on Scale under Type.
2. Under the same section on the right, scroll down and locate the TAGS tab. Only with the relevant tag name, will the legends and the scale appear correctly. So, please refer to the conditions given below.
For a 5 point scale, the tag name is: ces_agree_5
For a 7 point scale, the tag name is: ces_agree_7
Legends: Very Low Effort | Moderate Effort | Very High Effort
Here, we’ve opted for the 7 point scale. After typing the tag, press Enter.
HOW DOES THE CES QUESTION LOOK ON A SURVEY FORM?
THE CES WIDGET – BASED ON LIKELIHOOD OF AGREEMENT
Once you’ve collected enough responses, go to the main CloudCherry dashboard by clicking on Dashboard from the left side menu. Then, scroll down and you’ll find the real-time CES widget!
Great customer experiences are also seamless and smooth, requiring minimal effort from the customer’s side. So, unless your customers are able to say that you made their life easier, saved them vital minutes, gave them a speedy service, you really need to reflect on what you are offering as a brand!
And CloudCherry is a great place to start to start tracking the Customer Experience and also improve your Customer Effort Score!
START TRACKING YOUR CES!