The 10-step checklist to create Voice of Employee programs
Markets and businesses today are evolving rapidly. What doesn’t change is that building loyalty and retaining customers in the long-term is the only way brands can drive profitability. The attention span of customers is dwindling as a consequence of stiff competition. Delivering great customer experiences has become a lot more integral to improving loyalty. But to do this consistently, perhaps the most important pre-requisite is investing in your employees and their experience.
51% of employees worldwide are looking to quit their jobs and 13% feel to be completely disengaged and demotivated at work (Source: Officevibe). Also, did you know that 64% of employees are unsatisfied with their work culture? (Source: TinyPulse)
There’s no debating that employees are the face of your organization. They carry forward the values your brand stands for, and drive your mission to impact what happens at the customers’ end.
The best of brands are what they are today because of their culture and employees. They are made of happy, delighted, passionate and motivated employees. And most importantly, they listen to their employees always!
So, how do you create a workforce that feels empowered?
Invest in a Voice of Employee program so that you can start collecting employee feedback regularly. Such a program also helps you action this feedback and resolve critical internal issues. Here’s some expert advice on getting started.
While creating an effective employee engagement strategy, brands must ensure that the program sticks to prime focus always. This 10-step checklist can help you re-align your focus and reinforce your voice of employee program:
1. IDENTIFY your frontline staff and understand their shortcomings. Resolve their queries on time and invest in their training so that they’re constantly updating themselves.
2. LISTEN to your employees. Step into their shoes to understand their difficulties. Understand bottlenecks that agents face and find out how eliminating them would improve customer service quality.
3. COMBAT employee apathy. Employees are the foundation of any organization. And when they’re motivated, they put their best foot forward always.
4. REWARD employees for their extra-ordinary efforts. By acknowledging and appreciating great work, your employees feel a sense of belonging towards your brand.
5. EMPOWER your workforce. Employees hate being stagnated. Allow them to go above and beyond their call of duty for the customer. Do not let status quo stop them from delighting a customer.
6. HIRE the right employees. Make sure the people you hire fit in with the culture that is already set.
7. Be PATIENT with your employees. Be supportive when they make mistakes and find out how it can be avoided in the future.
8. CREATE a vibrant environment, one that entices employees to come to office. Engage your staff with surprise events every now and then, to ensure that the teams always stay motivated.
9. TRUST your employees and give them the freedom to experiment. Remember, employees are perhaps your most underrated innovators!
10. TRAIN your employees to be the Archangels of Customer Experience. Equip them with the latest tools, platforms, and techniques so that they can drive customer engagement a lot more effectively.
Now you know how to create an efficient Voice of Employee program! It’s surprising that 80% of employees would wholeheartedly work longer hours, when contented. And companies with good engagement have seen up to 20% increase in sales (Source: Officevibe). That’s not all, harnessing employee feedback has more to it:
–> A well-designed Voice of Employee strategy can help your brand keep up with evolving employee expectations.
–> This eventually helps shape training methods and other policies accordingly, thereby leading to a more knowledgeable and empowered workforce – the foundation to great customer experience.
–> An effective Voice of Employee program drives higher employee engagement by setting targets for employees, and orienting them around tangible customer goals.
–> An empowered workforce can, in turn, resolve customer queries faster and more efficiently. This has a positive effect on retention rates and word-of-mouth marketing.
There’s a famous saying – What’s up on the inside is sure to reflect outside. And in the business world, this is as accurate as it gets. Improving the lives of your employees encourages them to improve the lives your customers. As simple as it sounds, getting started with an employee experience program is very simple.
TALK TO OUR DELIGHT CREW TODAY!